July 28, 2018
Youth leaders from various churches and organizations gathered together for a prayer meeting at the Philippine Bible Society (PBS) last June 29, 2018. The event gave the youth leaders opportunities to build wider networks and develop new friendships.
The main purpose of the meeting was for the youth leaders to pray together as one community for the nation, their families, healing, and more. It is the hope of PBS that this type of gathering becomes a regular event.
ON PRAYING FOR THE NATION
- For our leaders to love the Lord and to really get to know Him
- For the implementation of policies that will benefit not just a specific group of people in society but the general public
- For moral dilemmas to be resolved and God’s will to reign supreme
- For the Filipino people to be united and in solidarity with one another
- For Filipinos to really love the Philippines
ON PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY
- For more families to be surrounded by love
- For certain family members to have a change of heart
- For comfort for those families victimized by crimes and killings
- An expression of thanks to God for the blessing of life and family
ON PRAYING FOR HEALING
- For comfort and healing for those suffering from mental illnesses and disorders
- For victims of abuse of all kinds: sexual, emotional, verbal, physical, and more
- For refugees displaced by war and for their emotional and psychological well-being
- For those with relationships troubles and who need to heal from emotional pain
ON PRAYING FOR THE YOUTH
- For the youth to be reminded of marriage’s sacredness
- For the youth to be healed from the culture of self-centeredness and competitiveness
- For the youth to not become addicted to gaming and the internet
- For the youth to reach their full potential
- For campus ministries to grow even more and be a safe space
- For more youth leaders and ministers
- For the older generation to be able to relate to the youth
- For the youth to be focused on God above all else
ON PRAYING FOR THE NEW BIBLE LAUNCHES
Together, the youth leaders prayed for the Pinoy NT, MTBO+, and Waray NT Bible versions.
Aside from facilitating a structured prayer meeting, PBS also used this time to present to the youth leaders some upcoming events. One of the ideas presented was the Manila International Book Fair launch concept “Usap Tayo” for the Pinoy NT and MTBO+ Bible editions. The second idea that was presented was the theme for 2019’s National Bible Month - “The Bible: Real Talk.”
The event ended with everyone exiting the way they came - smiling wide. Their hearts have become full with the blessing of solidarity, friendship, and God’s presence. May the Lord grant more gatherings like this one in the future.